Oh I do love brownies, blondies, all sorts of easy, chocolatey tray bakes. You name it and if it contains chocolate (white, milk or dark) I’m there. 🙂
I tend to keep a small (ahem!) 😉 stash of chocolate for baking purposes and for some reason recently I have acquired quite a substantial amount of white chocolate. Must have been using milk and dark for baking much more of late obviously. Anyway, this sort of prompted me to come up with a way to use it up and what better way than to bake some blondies!
My White Chocolate & Almond Blondies with Raspberries are just so delicious and if you are a fan of chocolatey, fruity bakes with some almond flavour thrown in, you will love them. I decided to substitute some of the flour with ground almonds and also threw in some flaked almonds for good measure and a bit of crunch. I went for flaked almonds as opposed to other nuts to keep the almond flavour going but feel free to substitute them if you like. Initially, I thought about using almond extract instead of vanilla but my original attempt without it worked out so well I decided to leave it. The almond flavour is really quite strong in this recipe and it marries so beautifully with sweetness of white chocolate and sharpness of seasonal raspberries. Perfect combination if you ask me!
Another thing that is really great about any brownies, or blondies for that matter, is that all you need is a bowl (being it a heatproof one in this case) and a wooden spoon. There is no need for fancy standing mixers (as much as I do love mine) and you can have a quick dessert whipped up in no time. Need any more convincing? Well, let me add that they are easy to cut into neat portions and travel well too. That makes them perfect for Summer picnics or any other type of al fresco dining.
White Chocolate & Almond Blondie with Raspberries
- 150 g white chocolate + 50g for melting and drizzling over
- 100 g unsalted butter
- 2 large eggs
- 125 g light brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 150 g punnet of raspberries
- 150 g plain flour
- 50 g ground almonds
- 50 g almond flakes
- Pinch of salt
- Square tin 23x23cm 9x9inch or similar.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Melt 150g of white chocolate and butter in bain-marie (heatproof bowl placed over a pan with simmering water). Make sure the bowl doesn't touch the water. Once melted remove from the heat.
- Add brown sugar, eggs and vanilla extract and mix vigorously with a wooden spoon until combined.
- Add flour, ground almonds, salt and almond flakes and mix well until incorporated.
- Fold in gently fresh raspberries and spoon mixture onto prepared baking tin.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 35 min or until toothpick comes out clean but centre is still soft.
- Let it cool before drizzling over some melted, white chocolate.
- Cut into squares and serve with some more fresh raspberries if you like.
Pin For Later!
I’m linking my White Chocolate & Almond Blondies with Raspberries with the following pages:
Cook Once Eat Twice hosted by Corina at Searching for Spice
Brilliant Blog Posts hosted by Vicki at Honest Mum Blog
We Should Cocoa by Choclette at Tin and Thyme
Treat Petite hosted by Kat at The Baking Explorer
Recipe of the Week hosted by Emily at A Mummy Too
Simple and in Season hosted by Katie at Feeding Boys