Some other bakes you might enjoy:
Make sure you stay up to date with all the latest recipes from Jo’s Kitchen Larder
Italian Plum & Almond Cake with Amaretti Crunch
- 190 g (1 1/2 cups) plain flour
- 55 g (1/2 cup) ground almonds
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 large egg
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) sunflower or vegetable oil
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) milk
- 1 lemon (juice and zest)
- 145 g (2/3 cup) caster sugar
- couple of drops of almond extract optional
- 8-10 (approx) Victoria plums (or other variety) halved and pitted
- 60 g (2/3 cup) amaretti biscuits crushed
- 20 g (1 1/2 Tbsp) unsalted butter softened
- Prepare your baking tin by lightly greasing it with butter and lining the bottom with baking paper (I used rectangular baking tin 28x19cm).All the ingredients should be at room temperature.
- Sieve flour and baking powder and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl whisk together egg, milk, oil, zest & lemon juice, sugar and almond extract (if using). Make sure you whisk only until combined, do not overmix.
- Add ground almonds, sieved flour and baking powder and mix gently with wet ingredients only until combined.
- Pour the cake batter onto prepared baking tin and arrange plum halves (cut side up) on top of the batter.
- In a small bowl mixed crushed amaretti biscuits with softened butter (you will get quite a sticky mixture) and dot it evenly over the top of the cake.
- Bake in the oven preheated to 180C/375F/Gas Mark 4 for about 50 min or until the skewer inserted into the cake comes out clean.
- Cool and serve sprinkled with some icing sugar or slightly warm with vanilla ice cream!
- Calories are approximate and per cake
Recipe adapted from Williams-Sonoma.
Have you tried my Italian Plum & Almond Cake with Amaretti Crunch? Leave a comment at the bottom of this post, I love reading them! You can also come and say hello over on my Facebook page, Twitter, Instagram or Pinterest
Pin Italian Plum & Almond Cake with Amaretti Crunch For Later!
I’m sharing my Italian Plum & Almond Cake with Amaretti Crunch with the following pages:
The Great Bloggers Bake Off 2017 hosted by Jenny at Mummy Mishaps
Cook Once Eat Twice hosted by Corina at Searching for Spice
Brilliant Blog Posts hosted by Vicki at Honest Mum Blog
Recipe of the Week hosted by Emily at A Mummy Too
Simple and in Season hosted by Katie at Feeding Boys