Cheesecake is one of those desserts which can be either a bit time consuming and tricky or super easy, no faff, throw it together and forget about. My Easy No Bake Stem Ginger Cheesecake (as the name suggests) qualifies as the latter and is simply perfect when make ahead, easy and delicious dessert is being called for.
Don’t get me wrong I simply adore cheesecakes and really don’t mind putting a bit of effort in making them. My two all time favourites being this Baked Lemon Curd Cheesecake and Chocolate Marble Cheesecake. However, it’s always good to have something effortless yet delicious in one’s cheesecake repertoire, don’t you think? My stem ginger cheesecake definitely fits the bill!
This cheesecake is all about ginger and its spicy warmth which can be tasted in lovely crunchy ginger biscuit base and little pieces of fragrant stem ginger suspended in cheesecake mixture itself. The spiciness is beautifully contradicted by the creaminess and subtle sweetness of the cheesecake.
I made this cheesecake around the same time as my Easy Homemade Plum & Chocolate Spread which has since turned out to be my and hubbie’s favourite accompaniment to lots of things, including this very dessert. Both flavours marry together in delicious harmony – stem ginger and plums plus chocolate equals heaven! Alternatively, simple plum conserve or even a drizzle of some stem ginger syrup will work here beautifully.
The most difficult part of making this scrummy dessert is waiting for it to chill so that it’s firm enough to serve but I can assure you, it will be well worth it!
If you are a fan of easy desserts and ginger than this Easy Pear and Fresh Ginger Cake is worth a look. It’s out of this world delicious and takes minimum time and effort to make!
Easy No Bake Stem Ginger Cheesecake
- 250 g ginger biscuits
- 100 g unsalted butter
- 600 g full fat cream cheese
- 300 ml double/heavy cream
- 75 g stem ginger in syrup chopped
- 5 tsp stem ginger syrup
- 100 g caster sugar
Round, 20cm springform cake tin
- Start with lining the base of your baking tin with some baking parchment.
- Crush the biscuits in a food processor or by hand until they resemble sand and mix with melted butter.
- Put the mixture into cake tin and press as evenly as possible to the base of the tin.
- Put the tin in a fridge for the base to firm up until you're ready with your filling.
- Whisk double cream using hand held mixer or standing mixer with whisk attachment until it starts to thicken (be careful not to overmix as it will turn into butter).
- Add sugar and whisk it a bit more. Add cream cheese and gently beat it in with a whisk or simply folding it in using silicone spatula until well combined.
- Add chopped stem ginger and syrup and fold them in gently.
- Pour the mixture on top of the biscuit base, smooth out the top and refrigerate until well chilled and firm min 4 hrs.
- Serve with some more stem ginger and drizzle of the syrup and enjoy!
- Nutritional information is approximate and meant as a guideline only.
- Feel free to adjust the amount of stem ginger as per your liking. I found the amount in this recipe perfect for our palates. Remember that you can always mix in more but you cannot take away so proceed with caution.
Make sure you stay up to date with all the latest recipes from Jo’s Kitchen Larder
Have you tried my Easy No Bake Stem Ginger Cheesecake? Leave a comment at the bottom of this post, I love reading them! You can also come and say hello over on my Facebook page, Twitter, Instagram or Google+
Pin Easy No Bake Stem Ginger Cheesecake for later!
I’m linking my Easy No Bake Stem Ginger Cheesecake recipe with the following pages:
Cook Blog Share hosted this week by Monika at Everyday Healthy Recipes
Cook Once Eat Twice hosted by Corina at Searching for Spice
Baking Crumbs hosted this month by lovely Angela of Only Crumbs Remain. It’s her farewell post so do check it out!
Related products from Amazon*
*This post contains affiliate links, which means that if you click on a link and go on to buy the product I recommend, I will get a small commission, but you will not be charged a penny more. I only recommend products I own or really like and which caught my attention. Thanks in advance for supporting Jo’s Kitchen Larder!