If there is only one treat you bake this season using fresh strawberries, this should be the one. Especially, if you are chocolate brownie fan. These Chocolate Brownies with Strawberries are super dense, chocolatey and really moreish with strawberries providing that slightly unexpected burst of additional tangy sweetness, so perfectly suited for the Summer!
Would you believe that after 16 months of blogging this is my very first chocolate brownie recipe? I’m not sure why as brownies do appear quite regularly in our house and we all love them. However, it is blondies that seem to have taken a lead on the blog thus far – White Chocolate & Almond Blondies with Raspberries or White Chocolate & Mini Eggs Blondies (do try these by the way, both delicious).
These brownies really are super delicious and quick to make but I would have one word of caution! Let them cool down properly before you cut into them. I know it’s not an easy ask but trust me, your brownies will look so much neater. Once you take them out of the oven leave them to cool down a bit and once at room temperature pop them in the fridge for a couple of hours to chill properly before you attempt cutting them.
If you are not fussed about their visual appearance by no means feel free to dig in straight away but let me warn you, it’s gonna get messy! LOL
Once chilled and cut I do like to take these Chocolate Brownies with Strawberries out of the fridge at least half and hour before I serve them. I do prefer when they are at room temperature and squidgy but as far as cutting is concerned, chilled ones are the way to go!
Chocolate Brownies with Strawberries
- 200 g ( 1 1/3 cup) dark chocolate roughly chopped
- 100 g (3.5 oz) unsalted butter cubed
- 4 large eggs
- 200 g (1 cup) soft light brown sugar
- 100 g (3.5 oz) plain flour
- 40 g (1/3 cup) cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 200 g ( 1 cup) strawberries hulled & halved
- Put butter and chocolate in a small pan and melt gently on a low heat, stirring constantly. Alternatively, put butter and chocolate in a heatproof bowl placed over a pan with simmering water (bain-marie). Make sure the bowl doesn't touch the water. Let the chocolate and butter melt slowly giving it a gentle stir from time to time with silicone spatula. Once melted, remove from the heat and set aside to cool slightly.
- Preheat the oven to 160C/320F/Gas Mark 3.
- Whisk the eggs together with sugar and vanilla extract using hand held mixer, standing mixer with whisk attachment or balloon whisk until slightly foamy and light.
- Sieve flour and cocoa powder directly onto egg and sugar mixture and mix in gently again using mixer or balloon whisk. Add cooled butter and chocolate mixture and give it one last mix until incorporated.
- Pour onto baking tray (roughly 22cm square) lightly buttered and lined with baking paper with two sides overlapping for easier removal of brownies later.
- Put strawberry halves gently on top of the brownie mixture (cut side down) and push them in only slightly.
- Bake in preheated oven for approx. 45 min until you see the papery crust form on top and batter no longer wobbles when you move the pan. Also the toothpick inserted into centre should have no raw brownie batter on it.
- Let the brownies cool completely in the tin and if you have lots of self restrain, pop cooled brownies in the fridge for couple of hours after. It will be much easier to slice. Bring to room temperature before serving.
- As it contains strawberries, store them in the fridge for up to 3 days. Enjoy responsibly! 🙂
Make sure you stay up to date with all the latest recipes from Jo’s Kitchen Larder
Have you tried my Chocolate Brownies with Strawberries? Leave a comment at the bottom of this post, I love reading them! You can also come and say hello over on my Facebook page, Twitter, Instagram or Google+
Pin For Later!
I’m linking my Chocolate Brownies with Strawberries post with the following pages:
Cook Blog Share hosted this week by Michelle & Lesley at Lost in Food
Cook Once Eat Twice hosted by Corina at Searching for Spice
Brilliant Blog Posts hosted by Vicki at Honest Mum Blog
Recipe of the Week hosted by Emily at A Mummy Too
Baking Crumbs hosted by Angela at Only Crumbs Remain
We Should Cocoa hosted by Choclette at Tin & Thyme
Related products from Amazon*
*This post contains affiliate links, which means that if you click on a link and go on to buy the product I recommend, I will get a small commission, but you will not be charged a penny more. I only recommend products I own or really like and which caught my attention. Thanks in advance for supporting Jo’s Kitchen Larder!