Baked Pork Loin Chops with Carrots & Cheesy Crust – what can I say, I love pork! It is such a versatile meat that can be nice and lean and make nice change from the chicken. Did you know that you can eat every part of a pig? I know, I’m digressing slightly here. Back to the subject now.
This Baked Pork Loin Chops with Carrots & Cheesy Crust is one of our family favourites. It’s one of the dishes I used to watch my mum make for us. It later became firm part of my own family kitchen. One of the great things about this dish is that once assembled, it pretty much takes care of itself. I like to make it for Sunday lunch when I don’t fancy spending a lot of time in the kitchen. It is also great when it’s too hot to cook anything on the top of the stove but you fancy “proper” cooked dinner. We are this sort of family who eat roast dinners in the Summer almost as often as in Winter so you get what I’m on about 😉 but again digressing… 😉
The important thing to remember when making this dish is to tenderise the meat (give it good old bash so to speak). 🙂 This makes all the difference when it comes to your final product as meat will be gorgeously tender and succulent plus it will cook quicker too! I suggest covering your meat with cling film for the tenderising to avoid bits of meat splattering everywhere.
You might find it a bit odd using mayonnaise in baked dish but I promise you, it will not disappoint. Mayo together with natural meat juices will create the most wonderful and scrummy sauce, you won’t be able to get enough of. Trust me! 🙂
We like to serve this Baked Pork Loin Chops with Carrots & Cheesy Crust with simple buttered jacket potatoes and green veg but it goes really nicely with rice or mash too. The choice is yours.
Baked Pork Loin Chops with Carrots & Cheesy Crust
- 4 pork loin chops
- 4 carrots peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 onion peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 tsp sweet paprika powder
- 1 tsp mixed herbs
- 4 heaped Tbsp mayonnaise
- 100 g grated cheese mature cheddar works well here
- Spring onions to garnish
- salt pepper
- Prepare large ovenproof dish (roughly 34x24cm) by lightly oiling it.
- Spread sliced carrots evenly at the bottom of the dish.
- Follow by layer of thinly sliced onions.
- Sprinkle the veg with paprika and mixed herbs.
- Trim the fat of pork loin chops if you wish and give every slice a good bash with rolling pin or meat tenderiser to make it nice and thin. Season each slice with salt and pepper.
- Place seasoned steaks over the vegetables.
- Spread mayonnaise over the meat in thick and even layer.
- Sprinkle grated cheese.
- Cover with aluminium foil and bake at 180°C for about 1 hour after which take the foil off and bake for another 15 min for the cheese to create nice, brown crust.
- Sprinkle with spring onions and serve with baked potatoes or rice and veg.
PIN FOR LATER
I’m linking my Easy Yoghurt Bread Rolls recipe with the following pages:
Cook Once Eat Twice hosted by Corina at Searching for Spice
Brilliant Blog Posts hosted by Vicki at Honest Mum Blog