Easy Yoghurt Bread Rolls

Posted in Bread by
Yoghurt Bread Rolls
Spread the love...Share on Facebook6Tweet about this on TwitterPin on Pinterest8Share on Yummly3Share on Google+0Share on StumbleUpon1Email this to someonePrint this page

I have been making these Easy Yoghurt Bread Rolls for good few years now and they never disappoint. I usually go through phases with these, making them almost every day only to stop for a while. Too much of a good thing I guess. 🙂

The great thing about these rolls is that they are oh so light and delicious. They also keep their freshness for good couple of days. This way you can enjoy them for longer (not that it happens very often in our house)! They are usually gone the day they’re baked!

In case you don’t eat a lot of bread, they also freeze well. Simply take them out of the freezer couple of hours before you need them and they will thaw nicely in room temperature. If you are in a hurry, simply slice them in half before freezing and pop in your toaster straight from the freezer for delicious and quick brekkie/lunch.

These soft and almost sweet tasting rolls are perfect as part of your weekend breakfast. They go oh so beautifully well with jam and honey but also simply buttered with the side of scrambled eggs and a slice of smoked salmon. You know my choice of Sunday brekkie now. 🙂 Any filling sweet or savoury goes well with these Easy Yoghurt Bread Rolls so don’t let your imagination stop there and use whatever you fancy.

Recipe Credit Moje Wypieki

Yoghurt Bread Rolls

Easy Yoghurt Bread Rolls

Yield: 12 rolls

• 500g bread flour
  • 1 Tbsp sugar (caster or granulated)
  • 1.5 tsp salt
  • 7g (1 sachet) dried yeast
  • 200g natural yoghurt (regular type or Greek)
  • 120 ml milk
  • 1 egg
  • 60g unsalted butter (softened)
  • Additionally you will need 1 egg (lightly beaten) for brushing your rolls with before baking and seeds of your choice (sesame, pumpkin, poppy etc.).

1. All ingredients should be at room temperature. Milk should be ever so slightly warmed up in the microwave as that will help to activate the yeast.
  2. Put all ingredients in the bowl of your food processor. Make sure you put yeast and sugar on a different side of the bowl to salt initially as salt "kills" the yeast.
  3. Knead using the hook attachment of your food processor or by hand until the dough is springy to the touch and no longer sticky. You shouldn't have to add any more flour but if you do make sure it is very little if you don't want your rolls to come out heavy.
  4. Place your dough in a bowl, cover with clean tea towel and let it prove (rest) until it doubled in size (approx 1.5hrs)
  5. Deflate proved dough with a good punch and divide it into 12 roughly equal pieces.
  6. Shape into rolls and place on prepared baking sheet or two lined with baking paper.
  7. Cover with clean tea towel again and let the rolls rest to plump up a bit for about 40 minutes.
  8. Preheat the oven to 200C.
  9. Once rolls had their second prove, brush them gently with beaten egg and sprinkle your seeds of choice.
  10. Bake for 12-15 minutes until nice and brown and sound hollow when tapped on the bottom.
  11. Let them cool and enjoy with your choice of filling!

Easy Yoghurt Bread Rolls

I’m linking my Easy Yoghurt Bread Rolls recipe with the following pages:

Cook Blog Share hosted this week by Monika at Everyday Healthy Recipes and Kirsty from Hijacked By Twins

Bake of the Week hosted by Helen at Casa Costello and Jenny at Mummy Mishaps

CookOnceEatTwice hosted by Corina at Searching for Spice

Hijacked By Twins

Brilliant blog posts on HonestMum.com

Casa Costello
May 26, 2017

• Reply Eat Explore Etc

These look fabulous! Thanks for sharing – I’m definitely giving these a try!

May 26, 2017 at 9:31 pm
  • Reply Monika Dabrowski

These look perfect, and the recipe sounds really doable, even for a non-baker like me! I need to take a closer look at Moje Wypieki:) Thank you for bringing this recipe to #CookBlogShare!
    Monika Dabrowski recently posted…Comment on Healthy Breakfast Recipes CookBlogShare Week 21 by MonikaMy Profile

May 27, 2017 at 8:52 am

Thanks Monika! The dough is proving here now, we’re having them for lunch AGAIN today 😉 Definitely check Moje Wypieki out, it’s full of baking inspiration! x

May 27, 2017 at 9:00 am
  • Reply jenny walters

These look wonderful.Making bread is one of my favourite things to do!The kids love it too.Will def try these they sound fab x
    jenny walters recently posted…Strawberry MousseMy Profile

May 27, 2017 at 1:00 pm

Thank you Jenny 🙂 They are gorgeous and even smell of yoghurt. My boys really love them especially when they are still warm, with a little bit of butter 🙂 Simples 😉

May 27, 2017 at 8:37 pm
  • Reply Kirsty Hijacked By Twins

Ooooh these rolls look perfect! I adore homemade bread but find I cannot stop eating it which is not great for the diet! I would definitely like a few of these when warm with melting butter on! Thank you for sharing with #CookBlogShare x

May 29, 2017 at 3:08 pm

Thank you Kirsty 😊 I know what you mean, freshly baked rolls and butter are hard to resist and these are worth the diet sin if I can say so myself 😀 x

May 29, 2017 at 4:53 pm
  • Reply Jenny Paulin

I love that you have incorporated yogurt into the dough recipe for your rolls Jo, and they seem to easy to make which I love too. I bet they were so good to eat when served warm!
    Thank you for linking up to #Bakeoftheweek x
    Jenny Paulin recently posted…Sneaky Ways to Get Your Kids to Eat Health Boosting FoodsMy Profile

May 29, 2017 at 8:38 pm
  • Reply Angela / Only Crumbs Remain

These look so good Jo – i love the sheen that you’ve got on them from the beaten egg. I love making home made bread (the smell is amazing isn’t it) but I have to admit that i’ve not made any for a while for one reason & another. But these really are tempting me to get the bread flour and yest out of the cupboard.
    Angela x
    Angela / Only Crumbs Remain recently posted…14 Beetroot RecipesMy Profile

May 30, 2017 at 9:36 am
  • Reply Julie's Family Kitchen

These rolls look incredible. I would never have thought of adding yogurt. #CookBlogShare 🙂

May 31, 2017 at 8:11 am

Thanks Julie 🙂 It does make all the difference plus I believe it keeps them fresher for longer too! If they last that is 😉

June 3, 2017 at 6:25 pm
  • Reply Corina

These rolls look delicious! I do think nothing beats homemade bread and I also go through phases of making a lot of it and then none at all for months. Thank you so much for sharing with #CookOnceEatTwice.
    Corina recently posted…Orange and Pomegranate Molasses MocktailMy Profile

June 5, 2017 at 8:21 am

Thank you lovely lady! It’s funny isn’t it? That bread baking inactivity and then the spurt of baking the same thing over and over again only to get tired of it again. That’s the sign of passionate home baker I say! 🙂

June 6, 2017 at 8:22 am
  • Reply Kat (The Baking Explorer)

Wow! These rolls are stunning, gorgeously golden and shiny, they are so inviting.

June 6, 2017 at 9:47 pm