White Chocolate & Raspberry Blondies
White Chocolate & Raspberry Blondies are sweet & cake like with a bit of crunch from almond flakes and slightly sharp raspberries to counteract all the sweetness. Super easy and delicious white chocolate and raspberry traybake for any occasion.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 35 minutes
Total Time 45 minutes
Servings 16 squares
- 150 g white chocolate or white chocolate chips
- 100 g unsalted butter
- 2 large eggs
- 125 g light brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 150 g fresh or frozen raspberries see notes
- 150 g plain flour
- 50 g ground almonds
- 50 g almond flakes
- Pinch of salt
White chocolate drizzle
- 50 g white chocolate or white chocolate chips melted
Preheat the oven to 180°C/350F/Gas Mark 4. Grease lightly and line your baking tin with some baking paper overlaping on two sides for easy blondie removal later.
Melt 150g of white chocolate and butter in bain-marie (heatproof bowl placed over a pan with simmering water). Make sure the bowl doesn't touch the water. Once melted remove from the heat.
Add brown sugar, eggs and vanilla extract and mix vigorously with a wooden spoon until combined.
Add flour, ground almonds, salt and almond flakes and mix well until incorporated.
Fold the raspberries in gently and spoon mixture onto prepared baking tin. If using fresh raspberries don't worry if some of them break during the process, it really is inevitable.
Bake in preheated oven for about 35 min or until toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean but centre is still soft.
Let it cool before drizzling over some melted, white chocolate. When you're ready to drizzle, melt your remaining chocolate over baine-marie as above.
Cut into squares and serve with some more fresh raspberries if you like.
- Nutritional information is approximate, per serving and should be treated as a guideline only.
- You can use frozen raspberries instead of fresh and without defrosting them first. Make sure the berries are separated and fold them into the blondie batter as you would fresh ones. You might have to add couple of minutes to baking time but initially check your blondies for doneness as you would with fresh raspberries and go from there.
- You can store them at room temperature on the day you bake them. Once they are completely cooled pop them in the airtight container and into the fridge for up to 3 days.
- These blondies are freezer friendly for up to 3 months.
Calories: 225kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 37mg | Sodium: 22mg | Potassium: 100mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 16g | Vitamin A: 186IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 55mg | Iron: 1mg