Strawberry Fields Overnight Oats

Strawberry Fields Overnight Oats
Spread the love...Share on Facebook2Tweet about this on TwitterPin on Pinterest40Share on Yummly2Share on Google+0Share on StumbleUpon1Email this to someonePrint this page

I have discovered overnight oats very recently as only around March time this year. It’s not that I haven’t heard of them before cause I have. The thing is, they didn’t appeal to me much. I’m a porridge girl you see and the idea of cold oats didn’t really agree with me!

It was also around that time when I started my food blogging journey and have been introduced to hot yoga which I completely fell in love with from the first class. I decided to look into the whole overnight oats thingy with a bit more enthusiasm as it could prove to be perfect instant brekkie on a really busy mornings when time is so precious. It also sounded as it could be a perfect sustenance before my sweaty yoga class! Needless to say, I tried it, I loved it and have been making lots of different variations since. I simply cannot get enough.

Strawberry Fields Overnight Oats are my personal favourite and oh so appropriate at this time of year when these gorgeous fruits are at their best. Plus they are so quick and easy to prepare!

Toppings:

When it comes to toppings on these lovely oats, I must admit I’m quite a purist. For me all you need is a drizzle of honey with a sprinkle of your favourite granola for crunch. I do like the difference in texture granola gives you against soft, mushy oats – yum! Feel free to use any granola you like homemade or store-bought – whatever you fancy! The one I like at the moment is Super Berry Granola from Lidl which is delicious.

My recipe yields 3 servings and as it can be kept in the fridge for up to 3 days it is perfect for one person. If there are more of you , simply double the recipe! I usually keep my oats in little kilner style clip on glass jars or simply in my favourite cereal bowl covered in clingfilm. Use whatever you’ve got!

Strawberry Fields Overnight Oats

Strawberry Fields Overnight Oats

Yield: 3 portions

• 100g rolled oats
  • 250g strawberries
  • 100g natural or strawberry yogurt
  • (extra strawberries, honey and granola to serve) - or topping of your choice

1. Wash and hull strawberries.
  2. Puree them using stick blender, food processor or a fork.
  3. Mix the oats, pureed strawberries and yogurt together.
  4. Cover and leave in the fridge overnight.
  5. Enjoy with drizzle of honey and sprinkle of granola and chopped, fresh strawberries!
  6. ***It will last in the fridge for up to 3 days***

If you’re after some more recipes using lovely strawberries, why not try my Easy Strawberry Yogurt Cake which is a perfect Summer pud!

Strawberry Fields Overnight Oats

I’m linking my Strawberry Fields Overnight Oats recipe with the following pages:

Cook Blog Share hosted this week by  Jacqui at Recipes Made Easy and Monika at Everyday Healthy Recipes

Cook Once Eat Twice hosted by Corina at Searching for Spice

Simple and in Season hosted by Katie at Feeding Boys

Link up your recipe of the week Brilliant blog posts on HonestMum.com  CookBlogShare

• Reply Kirsty Hijacked By Twins

I love over night oats. They are a great breakfast and these look a delicious way to start the day. Thank you for sharing with #CookBlogShare x
    Kirsty Hijacked By Twins recently posted…Weekly Meal Plan – #MealPlanningMonday 2017 Week 28My Profile

July 11, 2017 at 3:48 pm

Thanks Kirsty! I do love them now too. Cannot believe it took me so long to try them though lol. x

July 11, 2017 at 6:52 pm
  • Reply Michelle Frank | Flipped-Out Food

Your post spoke to the exact reason that I haven’t yet tried overnight oats. I love your idea of using granola to round out the texture a bit. This really sounds delicious: you’ve inspired me to give overnight oats a try!

July 11, 2017 at 4:09 pm

Thanks so much Michelle! Really pleased to hear that 🙂 Granola is definitely a great little crunchy topping for this quick brekkie! I think you might be just like myself, once you’ve tried overnight oats there will be no way back 😉

July 11, 2017 at 6:51 pm
  • Reply Corina

I resisted trying overnight oats for a long time too! I also thought I wouldn’t like them and was pleasantly surprised when I did, and realised what I’d been missing out on too! Thanks so much for sharing with #CookOnceEatTwice

July 12, 2017 at 12:51 pm

Thanks Corina! It was nice to add something else to my breakfast repertoire, that’s for sure and I love these! x

July 12, 2017 at 6:53 pm
  • Reply Jacqui

Thank you for linking up to #CookBlogShare. I am more of a porridge girl too even in the summer but i do occasionally eat overnights ats. Love this variation and the idea of a few crunchy pats on top I shall be trying this one!
    Jacqui recently posted…#CookBlogShare 2017 Week 28 plus sensational summer recipesMy Profile

July 12, 2017 at 4:30 pm

Thanks Jacqui! Nothing will beat good, old porridge but these strawberry oats make nice little change and require no hassle in the morning. Taste good too! 🙂 I hope you like these.

July 12, 2017 at 6:51 pm
  • Reply Chloe

Hi, I love overnight oats and strawberries so I will be trying this #brilliantblogposts

July 12, 2017 at 9:16 pm

Thank you lovely! Hope you like it! x

July 16, 2017 at 6:57 pm
  • Reply Galina V

Beautiful breakfast, summery and colourful. I confess I’m not the biggest fan of overnight oats, I still prefer them cooked, I mostly eat them for health reasons.

July 15, 2017 at 3:07 pm

Thank you! 🙂 If I were to choose between the two it would be porridge for me too. You cannot beat overnight oats for convenience though plus I do like the taste especially when ‘injected’ with lots of fruit. x

July 15, 2017 at 6:51 pm
  • Reply Nat - Awaybies

I have never tried overnight oats but I’ve been meaning to! Thanks for the recipe. Beautiful photography by the way, what sort of camera do you have? #brillblogposts

July 16, 2017 at 8:45 am

Aww, thanks very much! You have made my day with this comment 🙂 I’m so happy you like the photos. I have just started using Canon EOS 1300 and still playing around with it. x

July 16, 2017 at 6:48 pm
  • Reply Nat - Awaybies

Do the strawberries have to be blended, by the way? Or can they just be chopped up?
    Nat – Awaybies recently posted…Disneyland Paris Review and Top Tips by a mum of 3My Profile

July 16, 2017 at 8:46 am

I would blend them as puree is what I used as a liquid in this recipe for the oats to soak up. Alternatively, mash them up in a bowl with a fork and then mix all the mashed up strawberries (and the juice) with your oats. Hope that helps. x

July 16, 2017 at 6:55 pm
  • Reply Katie Bryson

This is one of my fave breakfasts, but I need to get myself back into the right zone of being organised enough to get them ready the night before! I love your little touch of sprinkling granola on top for some crunch too. Thanks for entering your recipe into the summer round of Simple and in Season.
    Katie Bryson recently posted…Easy Tray Bake Supper and Top Tips for preventing Dinner Time DramasMy Profile

September 2, 2017 at 3:10 pm